06 Feb Sexy Bedroom Hair Just In Time For Valentine’s Day
Its Valentine’s day and I love tousled, romantic hair. Nothing says sexy to me look blonde bombshell Brigitte Bardot. So I asked Mario Russo, owner & lead stylist of Salon Mario Russo in Boston, to show me how I can get that fabulous bedroom hair that looks as good at dinner as it does during dessert.
Taken & Textured Twist
1. Begin by spritzing day-old washed hair (yes it’s true, dirty hair styles better) with Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray for added texture before styling.
2. Using a fine-tooth comb, tease your hair at the crown, as well as the sides to achieve ultra-volume.
3. Gently pull all of your hair back and to the side, hold in place by securing with a line of bobby pins
4. Starting at the hair’s ends, begin rolling your locks into your preferred twist direction. Remember, this is a messy twist, so if strands fall out at the bottom and side, it will only add to the effortless look.
5. Continue rolling the hair until you reach the head. For extra volume and height, loosen strands from the crown while the twist is still unsecured.
6. Bobby pin the hair to your head using a crocheting pattern to avoid flattening the twist. This is when unwashed hair will help as the bobby pins won’t slip out as easily as they would in squeaky clean hair. Complete the look with Oribe’s Superfine Hair Spray to ensure long lasting hold and a shiny finish.
Single & Sassy Tresses
1. Wash and condition your hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner such as Kerastase Volumactive Shampoo and Kerastase Volumactive Conditioner (these are great for adding volume)!
2. Generously spray a prep product, like Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion, and work through hair to prepare and detangle.
3. Blow dry your hair straight using a ceramic ion round brush.
4. Lightly mist your hair with a Styling Spray to lock in shine.
5. Section your hair into three or four sections, holding each in place with a clip.
6. Curl each section of hair with a 1 ¼ inch curling iron barrel.
7. To create some volume, back comb or tease the hair at the crown of your head.
8. Take a section of hair from each side of your face, pull it loosely to the side of your head, twisting it as you get to the back of your head. Secure hair at the bottom of the twist with a bobby pin.
9. Take that same section you just pinned and wrap it into a loose circle and secure it with a bobby pin (the trick is to hide the pin by weaving in and out of hair instead of just sticking it in).
10. Repeat the previous step, but with another section underneath and a little to the left of the first twist. Next, do the same with another section a little to the right.
11. Complete the look with a flexible hold hairspray.