19 Jan SAG 2014 Awards- Get The Look!
Lights, camera, action! The 20th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® presented thirteen awards for acting in film and television, but the pre-show red carpet glam shared the spotlight! Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert, shared her favorite SAG styles with me and simple steps to recreate these looks for your own personal red carpet event!
- Blow dry hair with natural volume and soft movement throughout.
- Sweep into the nape of the neck and place closely and pin to secure
“This stunning 2014 version of the faux bob is a slightly more structured version of the usual soft textured faux bob. This is a fantastic style to change your longer straight, wavy or curly hair into a glamorous, shorter look for the evening. Perfect for an instaglam look!” – Jenny Balding
- Blow dry hair very smooth with a round brush
- Use a large curling iron to create an ‘s’ shaped wave throughout the front hairline and through the mid length to the ends
- Brush through to enhance a luxurious feel
- Instead of pinning hair under, roll hair up and pin lightly at the nape and sides
- Make sure to keep layers slightly longer through the top area, but shaggy and textured to create an even flow throughout.
- Have hair trimmed close to the nape so the weight is taken away from the ear area.
- Style by using a light paste or styling wax