11 Oct DIY Halloween Nails
Daring nails are all the rage this fall. From Kelly Osbourne’s diamond manicure to Katy Perry’s blue tips- funky fabulous nails are here to stay!
So, my inspiration for October is Halloween of course. Isn’t that everyone’s favorite holiday? Makeup, wigs, candy, costumes, and ringing door bells all in one night. What could be better?
If you have picked out the perfect costume, why not get a head start with these creative DIY nail art looks? Nail art expert, Fleury Rose from
Illamasqua which makes the most amazing nail colors. helped me put together these great looks for you using their latest shades. You can also use what you have at home and play with the colors to make your own individual look.
Nail Varnish in Scorn, Scorch and Serenity (top coat optional)
Tools needed- Dotting tool, tooth pick
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail.
(Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
Nail Varnish in Aorta and Boosh, Precision ink in Scribe
Tools needed- small brush
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
Nail Varnish in Phallic, DWS, Scorch and Blow
Tools needed- Small brush, disposable makeup sponge
1. After applying Base Coat, Apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!)
2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat.