14 Aug Beauty and Technology
When I think of high tech my computer, smart phones, and my gps come to mind. But, technology is also revolutionizing beauty. While I have been apprehensive to recommend lasers in the past due to costly visits to a laser technician, the technology is now so advanced you can actually do it at home and get great results for a fraction of the price. Silk’n has brought professional laser technology home to permanently remove unwanted hair. I know its hard to believe but I have tried it and its amazing.
Silk’n SensEpil All-Over Hair Removal Handheld Device and Silk’n Flash&Go All-Over Hair Removal Handheld Device remove dark unwanted hairs for good. For larger areas like legs and arms the SensEpil is best. For smaller, more sensitive areas like the face and bikini, I would recommend the Flash&Go.
Here is what you do:
1. Shave the area you want to treat. Make sure to dry it well if you use shaving cream and water.
2. If your eyes are sensitive to light, you can put on a pair of sunglasses.
3. Turn on the Flash&Go. Place the laser on the area you wish to remove the hair. Then, press the button and a light will flash.
4. Continue the same way until you have treated the entire area.
5. The hair will then grow back as it normally would after you shave and then just fall out.
6. In 2 1/2 weeks repeat. After 6 treatments, you will see a drastic reduction in hair.
The most important thing to know about laser hair removal is that it does not work with one treatment because the hair grows in three cycles. Hair will only be effectively treated if its in the active cycle of hair growth. If you treat and see regrowth in two weeks, it is probably not the hair you treated but rather different hair in its active hair growth cycle. This is why it is important to treat the area every 2 1/2 weeks.
Unlike laser in the doctor’s office, home hair removal technology does not hurt at all. You may feel a warm sensation but nothing like the pain of waxing or electrolysis.
I really liked using the product. If you can do it with your mom or a friend, they can help you treat evenly and in difficult spots like the back of your legs.